I posted the following yesterday evening on Facebook:
” I promise I’m not going to get all political on you guys…but just this once I’m going to post about it with the intention of sharing information. In the upcoming election, please pick a PRESIDENT—not a party! Make sure the candidate you support makes it onto the ballot this year. This article explains how you can do that. ♥”
plus this link: http://tinyurl.com/7we74c6
This post had a thumbnail photo of Ron Paul on it, but I was clear that it wasn’t a Ron Paul post. It was an encouragement to vote for a PRESIDENT, not a PARTY. I don’t want my fanpage full of nasty, political hate speech.However, this is my blog and I’ll write what I really want to here.
- Yes, I personally support Ron Paul! I identify myself as a constitutional conservative. In my personal life, I tell everyone I know to read more about him and his voting record.
- I would never tell my fans who to vote for. My choice to make it known that I am a Ron Paul supporter is in hopes that people will make an effort to learn more about him, not blindly jump on the bandwagon.
- I want to share with others that I believe:
- People shouldn’t be afraid to vote for the candidate they really want because they think they can only choose one failed party or another. We have to change our mentality of voting for the lesser of two evils. It isn’t working.
- Don’t believe what you “hear” about any candidate. Find out for yourself through multiple resources. Ask questions. Let your worldview evolve to represent what you really believe in and care about; not what peer pressure dictates.
So that’s all I wanted to say! Although yesterday wasn’t meant to be a “Ron Paul” post, I do support him. I truly believe he is the only person out there who has not completely sold out.